Here are a few investment books worthy of your attention.
1) Security Analysis - Benjamin Graham & David Dodd ****
2) The Motley Fool Investment Guide - David and Tom Gardner *** Contains material no longer supported by Fools.
3) What Works on Wall Street - James O'Shaughnessy ****
4) Invest Like the Best - James O'Shaughnessy ***
5) Trouncing The Dow - Kenneth Lee **
6) The Unemotional Investor - Robert Sheard *
7) Beating the Dow - Michael O'Higgins *
8) The New Mutual Fund Investment Advisor - Richard C. Dorf **** Quality book for mutual fund investors.
9) Strategic Market Timing - Robert M. Bowker *
10) A Zebra In Lion Country - Ralph Wanger *
11) Small-Cap Stocks - Christopher Graja & Elizabeth Ungar ***
12) Stock Market Logic - Norman G. Fosback ***
13) Winning On Wall Street - Martin Zweig ***
14) The Warren Buffett Way - Robert G. Hagstron, Jr. **
15) Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis - Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber *** Very technical. Heavy on mathematics.
16) How to Retire Rich - James O'Shaughnessy **
17) Starting and Running a Profitable Investment Club - Thomas O'Hara and Kenneth Janke, Sr. ***
18) The Dividend Rich Investor - Joseph Tigue and Joseph Lisanti *
19) Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits - Philip Fisher ****
20) Mutual Fund Mastery - Kurt Brouwer & Stephen Janachowski ***
21) Index Mutual Funds - W. Scott Simon ****
22) Beating The Dow With Bonds - Michael B. O'Higgins *
23) Wealth Management - Harold R. Evensky ***** One of the top books on money management. Quite complete. Requires study.
24) The Portable MBA in Investment - Edited by Peter L. Bernstein **** Contains essays on important topics.
25) Staying Wealthy - Brian H. Breuel ***
26) The Book of Investing Wisdom - Edited by Peter Krass ****
27) Online Investing - Jon D. Markman ****
28) The Millionaire Next Door - Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko ***
29) New Rules for the New Economy - Kevin Kelly **
30) John Bogle and the Vanguard Experiment - Robert Slater ***
31) The Gorilla Game - Geoffrey A. Moore ***
32) Stocks for the Long Run - Jeremy J. Siegel *****
33) Winning the Investment Marathon - H. Bradlee Perry **
34) Valuing Wall Street - Andrew Smithers & Stephen Wright **
35) The Intelligent Asset Allocator - William Bernstein ***** An excellent book on Asset Allocation.
36) Asset Allocation: Balancing Financial Risk - Roger C. Gibson **** Builds strong case for Asset Allocation
37) Take Stock - Ellis Traub **** Must read for Toolkit users
38) What Wall Street Doesn't Want You to Know - Larry E. Swedroe **** Book should have an index. Builds strong case for Indexing.
39) What Are Stocks Really Worth? - John B. Malloy *** Different approach to analyzing stocks. Helps to develop your own spreadsheets.
40) The Four Pillars of Investing - William Bernstein **** Read before book number 35.
From this list, numbers 23, 24, 32, 35, 38 and 40
are among my favorites. Begin with #38 and follow it with #35.
Reading these two books will save you a lot of investment mistakes. Number
17 is a must if you are starting to invest within an investment club.
Numbers 8 (may be difficult to find) and 20 are excellent beginning books for
mutual fund investors. Number 26 is just a lot of fun to read for