Welcome to FMIC! We would like to introduce you to the investment club concept and the role each member plays.
An investment club is a group of individuals who meet regularly to study and purchase stocks using a pool of money which each member has contributed.
The benefits of joining an investment club include:
- Group purchasing power
- Reducing cost of commissions
- Using each person's unique skills to make educated decisions
- Reducing time spent on portfolio maintenance
- Financial education
Although investment clubs have historically outperformed the major indexes on average, there is no guarantee of performance. Corrections, bubbles, panics, crashes, and market disfavor are always a possibility. Members of the club are expected to work together to leverage the collective knowledge of the group to protect against such occurrences while simultaneously looking for investment opportunities.
FMIC can only be as good as its members allow. It takes time to become familiar with the terminology and strategies used in the club.
Partners are expected to:
- Attend and actively participate in all regularly scheduled meetings
- Make required monetary contributions
- Present stocks to the group
- Monitor stocks in the club's portfolio
- Analyze stocks within assigned sector(s)
- Understand the SSG spreadsheet, which the club uses to analyze stocks
- Assist other members when needed
- Be willing to train for and assume an officer position, if needed
Integration into the club takes time, education, and effort to become an experienced investor. This will improve your investment knowledge and the collective knowledge of the group. In an investment club atmosphere you will be able to learn from your partners, and your partners will learn from you.
We hope you will join us on our journey to becoming future millionaires!
For information about attending a meeting or if you have any questions we haven't addressed, please Contact Us.