Important Tax News for NJ Clubs
Please turn on image viewing to see this email correctly
NJ Tax Filing Status Update

This year, all clubs with members who live in New Jersey need to file their tax returns electronically. The state of New Jersey provides a program that you can use to do this by typing in the information on the tax programs prepared in bivio.

Unfortunately, this program has only been recently released and still contains bugs which will cause you issues in using it.

Investment clubs that are subject to the NJ filing fee may be able to file their 2015 NJ-1065 online at this time. However, investment clubs that are not subject to the NJ Partnership Filing Fee cannot complete and file their return using the application in its current state.

The Division of Taxation is aware of the issue and is working on a solution. We are monitoring the situation closely and will provide updates as they become available.

What You Need To Do

At this time, we recommend that clubs that need to file the NJ-1065 return file a protective extension on Form Part-200-T. This protects your club from late filing fees if the online tax program is not working for you to use prior to the due date on your state return of April 18, 2016.

Note that this is not an extension of time to pay, so if your club does need to pay a partnership filing fee you should make sure this is done prior to the April 18 date.

Also note that the delay to file your full club return does not mean you cannot give your members the NJ K-1's they need to prepare their own personal taxes.

How to Ask for an Extension of Time to File for NJ

The Division of Taxation recommends using Internet Explorer to access the site. Chrome will not work as it does not support Java.

  1. Go tohttps://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_BusinessFilings/jsp/common/Login.jsp?taxcode=43. Enter your twelve-digit NJ Taxpayer ID (your federal EIN with three zeros at the end) and your password and click Submit. If you don't have a password, you can create one by clicking the box under the password field.
  2. Click the button next to "File Part-200-T and Payment". Scroll down, make sure the correct Annual Return Period Dates (Jan 01 2015 and Dec 31 2015) are showing and click Submit.
  3. You should now see the Partnership Application For Extension Of Time To File Return NJ-1065 screen. Enter 0 for the balance due and clickSubmit This Return.
  4. You should now be on the Review Screen. Enter your contact information and click File Now.
  5. You will receive a confirmation when you have successfully submitted the form.
  6. Alternatively, you can file a paper copy of the PART-200-T. If you do, we recommend mailing it using certified mail.

We'll Keep You Posted

We are continuing to monitor the situation and work with the NJ department of taxation to get the problem addressed. We will keep you updated both through bulletins such as this and on our Club Cafe message board as we find out more.

See you online!
Your friends at bivio

You are subscribed to receive bulletins from bivio.com as $email. To unsubscribe, please click here, $unsubscribe