The Investment Performance Detail Report details the performance and cash flows associated with an investment over the specified period of time. That includes the impact of buying and selling it over the time period. If you have purchased and sold a particular investment several times and you want to look at it's performance for only a recent time period, it is easy to adjust the dates of the report at the top of the page.
Here is an example of the report:
Investment Performance Detail Report
You access it by clicking on the word detail on the
Investment Performance Report.
The information you'll see on the report includes:
- Date - The date of each transaction.
- Description - A description of each transaction.
- Investments - A list of all the investment transactions associated with the investment.
- Returns - The amount of any distributions associated with this investment, including dividends, returns of capital, shares used to pay off members, sales etc.
- Annualized Internal Rate of Return (AIRR) - The AIRR is the internal rate of return (IRR). It takes into consideration all cash flows into and out of the investment, as well as changes in share price. This calculation is quite complex. You can think of the IRR as an annual interest rate that would need to be paid on a bank account that would give you the same total return.
Note: AIRR's for short periods of time can become extremely distorted and misleading. For example: Let's look at a $1000 investment that earns a 1% total return or $10 on the first day. On an annualized basis $10 earned on $1000 invested for one day equals an AIRR of over 3600%. In other words, if you put $1000 into a bank account, you'd only earn $10 in one day if it paid interest at an annualized rate of 3679%.
To avoid confusion, a value of N/A is displayed when the period is shorter than the configured A.I.R.R. Wait Period. An officer may change the default A.I.R.R. Wait Period as described in the
Club Configuration help topic.
In the unlikely event that bivio does not find all of the data necessary to calculate an accurate AIRR, bivio will place an ERR in the AIRR column rather than a value.
- Annualized Internal Rate of Return on Investments - The Annualized Internal Rate of Return on Investments is the internal rate of return (IRR) of all investments held by the club at any time during the date range of the report. The Annualized Internal Rate of Return on Investments takes into consideration all cash flows into and out of the club investment portfolio, as well as changes in share price of each investment.
Related help topics: