Communications
club_cafe
HelpRegister
AccountSync Schwab
Any update on AccountSync for Schwab?
We are working with Schwab right now. It's in their hands right now to get into production. We are in regular contact to remind them that you all are waiting.

I apologize that I don't have more concrete information.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

Do you think it will happen? Schwab has been very reluctant to add investment clubs unless their worth has been at lease $500k.

Marty Eckerle

From: club_cafe@bivio.com <club_cafe@bivio.com> On Behalf Of Robert Nagler
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 6:59 PM
To: The Club Cafe <club_cafe@bivio.com>
Subject: Re: [club_cafe] AccountSync Schwab

We are working with Schwab right now. It's in their hands right now to get into production. We are in regular contact to remind them that you all are waiting.

I apologize that I don't have more concrete information.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Marty,

> Do you think it will happen? Schwab has been very reluctant to add investment clubs unless their worth has been at least $500k.

Yes, this will happen. These are unrelated issues. We are directly in contact with the group that handles APIs. Our application to move to production is with their processing team.

It is unfortunately a matter of time that is out of our control.

Cheers,
Rob

What would happen when they take over TD Ameritrade investment clubs with under $500,000 value? Would they get rejected?

On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 10:22 AM Robert Nagler <nagler@bivio.biz> wrote:
Hi Marty,

> Do you think it will happen? Schwab has been very reluctant to add investment clubs unless their worth has been at least $500k.

Yes, this will happen. These are unrelated issues. We are directly in contact with the group that handles APIs. Our application to move to production is with their processing team.

It is unfortunately a matter of time that is out of our control.

Cheers,
Rob

My club uses TD Ameritrade. I talked with the local Schwab people and they said with a local Schwab office, if they know you they will approve an investment club based on the local office referral regardless of the asset value. I was inquiring about what happens when the merger is closed and they reassured me that we have nothing to worry about. 

Randy 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2022, at 1:47 PM, Norman Gee via bivio.com <user*125100001@bivio.com> wrote:


What would happen when they take over TD Ameritrade investment clubs with under $500,000 value?  Would they get rejected?

On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 10:22 AM Robert Nagler <nagler@bivio.biz> wrote:
Hi Marty,

> Do you think it will happen? Schwab has been very reluctant to add investment clubs unless their worth has been at least $500k.

Yes, this will happen. These are unrelated issues. We are directly in contact with the group that handles APIs. Our application to move to production is with their processing team.

It is unfortunately a matter of time that is out of our control.

Cheers,
Rob

Randy

I'm beginning to set up an Ameritrade account for my club and I didn't see any option to tell that it is for an investment club. How did you indicate to Amer. that you are and what does that provide you?

Sarah
There is a special application form. I think you should call your local
office for help.
Marty

-----Original Message-----
From: club_cafe@bivio.com <club_cafe@bivio.com> On Behalf Of Sarah Cornwell
via bivio.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 1:41 PM
To: club_cafe@bivio.com
Subject: [club_cafe] Re: AccountSync Schwab

Randy

I'm beginning to set up an Ameritrade account for my club and I didn't see
any option to tell that it is for an investment club. How did you indicate
to Amer. that you are and what does that provide you?

Sarah
Your legal organization type should be what is important. Your organization should be a partnership or an LLC, perhaps. Your organization is a partnership (perhaps) and your informal structure is that of a social club or investment club.

Peter Dunkelberger

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 2:03 PM Martin J Eckerle via bivio.com <user*12801300001@bivio.com> wrote:
There is a special application form. I think you should call your local
office for help.
Marty

-----Original Message-----
From: club_cafe@bivio.com <club_cafe@bivio.com> On Behalf Of Sarah Cornwell
via bivio.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 1:41 PM
To: club_cafe@bivio.com
Subject: [club_cafe] Re: AccountSync Schwab

Randy

I'm beginning to set up an Ameritrade account for my club and I didn't see
any option to tell that it is for an investment club. How did you indicate
to Amer. that you are and what does that provide you?

Sarah

so besides not having recent Schwab activity since end of March; Bivio as of today show the membership and portfolio from 2014!!!!

Not sure what to do next.
I spoke to Schwab re another account but asked them about the Bivio sync. They got back to me with the following:

I also wanted to inform you that I looked into the issue with Better Investing and was told by our technical support team that the best course of action is to remove and reestablish the link on Better Investing's website. This should fix the issue of data sharing not syncing daily. Once you reestablish the link, please let either Barbara or myself know if that fixes the issue. We see on Schwab's end that 3rd party data sharing is enabled, so it's possible the link became stale.


On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 8:45 PM Daniel D. Cohn via bivio.com <user*32501700001@bivio.com> wrote:
so besides not having recent Schwab activity since end of March; Bivio as of today show the membership and portfolio from 2014!!!!

Not sure what to do next.
Hi Daniel,
I've sent you directions on how to get back into your current club.
Becky Kruse
bivio

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 7:44 PM Daniel D. Cohn via bivio.com <user*32501700001@bivio.com> wrote:
so besides not having recent Schwab activity since end of March; Bivio as of today show the membership and portfolio from 2014!!!!

Not sure what to do next.
Re Schwab sync for my club:
My account rep at Schwab said:
"Please contact Better Investing (they mean BIVIO) and request that they reestablish the connection/link/sync with Schwab."
She previously said my Investment Club3 at the Union League was authorized to sync but that may need to be turned off and turned on (by Bivio I now learn.).
I don't know if she knows anything about your dealngs with Schwab,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 8:53 PM Edward Kennedy <kennedyedw@gmail.com> wrote:
I spoke to Schwab re another account but asked them about the Bivio sync. They got back to me with the following:

I also wanted to inform you that I looked into the issue with Better Investing and was told by our technical support team that the best course of action is to remove and reestablish the link on Better Investing's website. This should fix the issue of data sharing not syncing daily. Once you reestablish the link, please let either Barbara or myself know if that fixes the issue. We see on Schwab's end that 3rd party data sharing is enabled, so it's possible the link became stale.


On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 8:45 PM Daniel D. Cohn via bivio.com <user*32501700001@bivio.com> wrote:
so besides not having recent Schwab activity since end of March; Bivio as of today show the membership and portfolio from 2014!!!!

Not sure what to do next.