The Member Performance Report shows the performance of each member's investment in the club as of a selected date.
The fields shown on the report are:
- Name - The name of each member in your club as of the ending date of the report.
- Units - The number of units held by each member of your club as of the ending date of the report.
- Market Value - The market value of each member's account in the club as of the ending date of the report.
- Percent of Portfolio - The market value of each member's account as a percentage of the total market value of the club as of the ending date of the report
- Return Since- The starting date specified for the report (defaults to the starting date of your club) or the date that member first joined the club, whichever is later.
- Annualized Internal Rate of Return AIRR The internal rate of return (IRR) earned by each member. It is calculated by taking into consideration all cash flows into and out of the club, as well as changes in the club's unit value. This calculation is quite complex. It can be compared to the annual interest rate that would need to be paid on a bank account to get the same total return on your investment.
Note: AIRR's for short periods of time can become extremely distorted and misleading. For example: Let's look at a $1000 investment that earns a 1% total return or $10 on the first day. On an annualized basis $10 earned on $1000 invested for one day equals an AIRR of over 3600%. In other words, if you put $1000 into a bank accoun that earned $10 in one day that bank account would have to be paying interest at a rate of 3679%.
To avoid misleading rates, a value of N/A is displayed when the time period is shorter than the configured A.I.R.R. Wait Period. An officer may change the default A.I.R.R. Wait Period as described in the
Club Configuration help topic.
In the unlikely event that bivio does not find all of the data necessary to calculate an accurate AIRR, bivio will place an ERR in the AIRR column rather than a value.
- Detail - Click on this link to go to the
Member Performance Detail Report for a specific member.
Related help topics: